Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to watch records and export to a CSV any changes? (Be kind please)

Level 3

As most companies, we're stretched thin and we just became thinner.

I feel like Clark Griswald plugging in the lights and their not working - I must be missing something simple.

Here's what I'm trying to do: (essentially create the same report I already have in WF, automatically by WF Fusion).

1. Create a CSV from data in WF on a regular interval. (How do I get this data into WF Fusion? I've already built it into a data structure?)
  2. Save the CSV file in a specific SharePoint location with the same name.

What am I missing? Argh!

4 Replies

Level 5

Pulling data from Workfront is going to be best done via a report or a search operation.  Then aggregate that data into a CSV.  Then upload to your downstream system.

Here's an example using SFTP as a destination.  You'd need to modify, of course, for your needs.

Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 2.00.08 PM.png

(Standard disclaimer: not tested, use at your own risk, you get what you paid for, etc.) 

Good luck!

Level 3

Thank you! It's frustrating me because I already have the report built.... all I'm just trying to do is automate it so it outputs at a regular interval to a shared location.

So, if I setup a search operation, it can output them to a CSV file right? (how do I get the data points from WF if it's not 'reading' an existing CSV?')

Level 5

Yes, if you have the report built, you can use the "Text Mode" variation to pull that in using <objcode>/report.  It's a great way to leverage Reporting to build what you want and then the API to extract to other systems.