Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to send and link a document from Workfront to AEM Assets?

Level 2

Hi Community,

I want to achieve below requirements using Workfront Fusion.

• Push assets and metadata from Adobe Workfront to Experience Manager Assets​
  • Link assets from Experience Manager Assets to projects and tasks in Workfront​.

Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions for this?

4 Replies

Level 10

Hello,

I think you need to be very careful doing this setup as there are multiple solutions "flying around".

We are currently in the middle of setting this whole thing up together with Adobe Professional Services. 

If you are working with Experience Manager Assets as a Cloud Service and your Workfront instance is already migrated to the Adobe Admin Console, the statement is that the enhanced connector is deprecated. They told us to use the so called native connector which you can find under Setup -> Documents -> Experience Manager Assets.

Unfortunately this native connector currently seems to be in a very early stage in comparison with the enhanced connector.

Just today I had a longer call with a Workfront expert who confirmed that we need to use Adobe Workfront Fusion to achieve some of the missing functionality expected by us. Fortunately we already have a Fusion instance although it could also be achieved talking to the APIs directly, I think.

Please don't hesitate to direct message me, if you have further questions. For me it was very annoying that now several weeks have passed until I got an "official" confirmation that the combination of native connector and fusion is the only way for us. Furthermore, professional services are relatively cost-intensive.

Regards

Lars

Level 2

Thanks @BrownPaperBag and @lgaertner for your response.

Yes, we are working with AEM Assets as a Cloud Service and using native connector.

We want to automate process of pushing assets from Adobe Workfront to AEM Assets and also link assets using Fusion.

Level 10

Hi,

Unfortunately until now we are not able to connect Fusion to our AEM instance as for the connection it is necessary to create a so called "Technical support user" using the Developer Console of your AEM instance (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo...). We are trying to do it for almost 2 weeks, but it fails with a 504 (Bad Gateway) response. Since the first occurance, there is a support ticket running, but with no solution. I will get back to you, as soon as I made some progress.

Regards

Lars