Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Has anyone ran an automation based on the ID Reference number?

Level 4

I want the reference ID to automatically always go to the front of the title when converting a request into a project.

I'm just tapping into fusion so wanted to see if someone has a similar automation set up

6 Replies

Community Advisor

So to make sure I understand, you're saying when a request is converted into a project, you want the project name to change to something like {Project Reference Number} {Original Project Name}? If so, I've done similar things previously, yes.

Level 4

Exactly this, yes.

Would you be happy to share your scenario design?

Community Advisor

It's fairly straight forward.

1. Create a webhook that triggers on project creation, and filter by convertedOpTaskEntryDate != blank, as well as any other filter you'd like

2. Update project name

Level 3

IMO - you're better off building a calculated field that populates at the top of the project form and copying/pasting the name then wasting a scenario on that. 

Level 4

Interesting- thanks for your input. I don't quite understand what you mean. Have you done something similar you could share? 

Level 3

Our naming convention follows a Project#-LOB-Request Name format for all projects. (ex. 999999-PSG-Test Project).

The request that was converted is the source of the name.

I created a project level calculated field that combined the project reference # of the project (basically the object number), the value of a selected field (our Line of Business field) and the converted request name.

This calculated field will populate onto our project form when you convert the request. So all the PM needs to do is copy it and rename the project in one fell swoop. (the copy and paste is the manual step of the whole thing, but its not wasting a scenario)