Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Fusion Ignore - can Fusion notify me when an error has occurred?

Level 2

I'm using a WF module to read data from a CSV file. On occasion there are errors in the data in the file so the WF Module will fail. I add an ignore module from the Tools to keep the WF module to continue processing the remaining data. The ideal thing would be to have the entry of data be accurate so this does not occur, however that's wishful thinking. The problem is I would also like to know when an error occurs. The Ignore module does not provide the capability to connect to a WF module for notification. Is there a way to do what I'm asking in Fusion?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Todd,

Actually what you are looking for is very possible. On the ignore module or any of the error handling methods, (by the way, unless this is the last function in a route, I suggest 'resume')

What you can do is just use the +plus / add a module feature on the left side of the selected error method. Here you can perform any action such as writing an update to the object that can tag a user, we typically suggest the object owner is notified.

0694X00000HEBlIQAX.png

Hope this helps,

Level 2

Thank you Andy and actually this is sort of funny timing. I was just doing that and figured I'd better go in and remove my post, but you beat me to it. It's sort of a backward way of doing it compared to what I've done in the past in scripting and workflows. Typically the error handler, then the action needed where here the error handler is last, and the action to take if there's an error is prior. Weird, but it is what it is. I've got to get test it now and make sure I don't end up with 3000+ emails! 😬

Thanks again,

Todd

Level 2

@Todd Crenshaw‚ Thanks for asking. ‚ thanks for answering - not at all as intuitive! Can you advise if using a break will the notification trigger on each attempt or will it only trigger if failed after all defined attempts?

0694X00000HEJI4QAP.png

Level 2

Well so far I've not had an error so no notification has been sent, but also, this means the scenario has processed 3000+ records and I didn't get email bombed. I'm guessing it'll only send when the error occurs, which of course is what I want it to do.