Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break next week on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Either fix "helpful" fields (e.g. project ID, category ID, etc.) in Workfront Fusion modules or make it so we can turn the functionality off.

Avatar

Level 4

I know that you're trying to make it "easier" for us by allowing us to search for projects, custom forms, and the like in Fusion. However, the search takes a long time, I rarely get the results I need, and worse--it zaps previously entered information in said fields.

 

Example: I was working on a user maintenance scenario which had categoryID as one of the fields. I added a field to a module, saved the scenario, and started getting errors that "categoryID cannot be null." 

 

Well, it wasn't null when I left it last...until I reopened the module and noticed that the categoryID field didn't have a GUID in it. It tried to find the form which I wanted added. But after 15 seconds of it being flaky and not finding the form, I went into Workfront, copied the GUID for the form, and pasted--just like I do for any other field.

 

I call this the "Clippy Error." It's like when Microsoft thought it would be cute to have a paper clip ask us if we'd like to write a letter--when we're clearly not writing a letter. Adobe thinks it's being useful by offering a buggy search capability for some fields--only to have it mess up things instead.

 

Now when working on scenarios, I've noticed this occurs any time I either add or remove a field within a Workfront module. It's good that I know that I have to anticipate this now...but I shouldn't need to. This is buggy as all git-out.

 

I reported this as a bug. However, I was told that these fields were behaving as designed. If that is the case, making information disappear from a module is not in most people's best interest. Ideally, I'd love this "functionality" removed, but if not, I would like the ability to turn it off for our instance of Fusion.

 

Grumble grumble etc.,

-j

0 Replies