Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Does anyone have a scenario that lets Workfront save a file to your local desktop or network?

Level 9

I have two needs that would require pushing a text delimited file or csv file from Workfront to a local or network location.

Has anyone built a scenario for this?

4 Replies

Level 8

Hi,

You will not be able to let Fusion write to your local file system directly. 

What you can do is to use a cloud service like Google Drive, Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive, connect it to Fusion and let it write into that. As all those services have native clients which integrate into your Windows Explorer / macOS Finder, your could easily access those files.

Another approach could be to have a local webserver serving a webhook or a local (S)FTP-server to receive files. But the setup is much more difficult and time consuming.

Regards

Lars

Level 5

Additionally, we have scenarios that write CSV/TXT files back to issues, requests, tasks, etc. in Workfront as attached documents, then send notification of that event to the target user(s).  That can then prompt them to download the file if desired.

CV

Hmm that's a good idea. The file is too large to easily download - and can't be delivered by email.

I'm trying to 'set and forget it' so the file saves without any manual steps. We're getting hit with bandwidth challenges when I try to do it during normal business hours. 

Level 9

Is it possible to download an existing report? I can see document, record, project....but no report.