Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can a Fusion scenario 'fix' this? Changing from one way syncing to two way syncing...

Level 9

We recently adopted Box at an Enterprise level and integrated with Workfront. The challenge is that WF only does a 1 way sync with Box. (I posted more about it here: Re: Serious Issue - Do you use Workfront as your '... - Adobe Experience League Community - 579259)

For Example:

Box Folder: Project Apple

Document in Box Folder 1: Banana1

Document in Box Folder 2: Carrot3

As long as you don't move files between folders in Box, you're history in WF remains intact. However, if you write a comment on Banana1, and then move that document into a different folder.....everything connected to it in WF is wiped clean.  This is because WF constantly 'refreshes' the Box connection with a one way sync....so its not retaining anything if a move happens, it's just mirroring the Box setup.

So my question....

Is it possible with Fusion to tell WF to retain those things in WF? i.e. if someone moves Banana1 to a different folder, the comments and forms following along. 

Anyone know?

2 Replies

Community Advisor

There is a similar problem with using a linked folder in AEM: Assets. I'm not sure this will necessarily apply with Box just because I haven't done it with Box before, but the way I got around it with Assets was by just not using the linked folder setup, and using Fusion to send the file to AEM directly. Doing this, the file can move wherever it needs to in AEM, and the document remains constant in Workfront.

Level 3

Hey Chris - can you expand a bit more on this? I'm trying to follow it in my head but I'm not visualizing how you do this.