Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Trend Line Chart for Baseline Report

Level 10

Hi WF Community, 

Not thinking this is doable based on current functionality in Workfront's reporting engine, but thought I'd pose the question here in case someone has found a creative way of doing so:

• Create a baseline report with a trend line chart that maps the baseline Duration (days) based on Entry Date of the baselines being created

Cheers,

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi @NickVa1,

By coincidence, we've just developed a Multi-Baseline report, which will be released as an optional add-in under our Roadmap solution. In short, it lets you:

• tag Tasks with SysAdmin-definable icons (e.g. Approval.png, Go-Live.png)
  • set filters for the Projects (e.g. Current), Tasks (e.g. icon-tagged), and Baselines (e.g. created within the last 6 months)
  • choose a timeframe (e.g. beginning of this year until 2 years from now)
  • set additional options (e.g. use Planned vs Projected Dates, etc.)
  • view the report

What then comes back is a row for each Project across the selected timeframe, with an in-color icon for each of the tagged tasks, followed by a row for each baseline matching the filter, with a matching grey icon for each of the tagged tasks...but using the date from the baseline(s):

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1686673430771.png

As a result, you can then see the "slippage" over time as plans moved and baselines (whether Default or not) were taken...which is super cool, and getting dangerously close to the idea I mentioned of eventually animating such slippages.

Happy to chat further with anyone who'd like more information via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Interesting, Doug!  Looks like a good product, and definitely a helpful add-on to standard Workfront features.

We're using Fusion to create baselines when projects are "extended out", but the reporting of that data, at least in a visually-pleasing manner, is something to be desired.  

I'll keep your Roadmap product in mind.
Thanks!