Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Navtitles Not Working - Native PDF Publishing

Level 5

Bizarrely inconsistent behavior -- My navtitles in the map are not working. I have at least 6-7 inline navtitles, and only one is generating the title in the Native PDF Publishing output as expected. The other titles are all the topic titles.

If AEM Guides was being moody, and something that worked a few weeks ago didn't work today, I'd expect that NONE of the navtitles appeared in the PDF output. But one does, and none of the others do. I also tried to insert the navtitle as part of a topicmeta element in the map and that didn't work, either. I can see no typos and nothing different between the one that does work and all the others that do not.

Does anyone have any ideas? This is really odd behavior.

AEM Guides (UUID) v4.2 On-Prem Installation (late April/early May 2023)
AEM 6.5.15 On-Prem Installation

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Have you set the attribute locktitle="yes" for topicrefs for which you want navtitle to be visible in native PDF output?

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Susan,

We have identified this as a bug where locktitle attribute is not getting handled properly. Ticket no. DXML-14734 is filed for the same and we shall take it up for 4.4 release planned early next year.

It shouldn't have worked for any, we are wondering why one of them worked. Is it possible to share your map or a shorter version of it?

Thanks,

Vivek 

Level 5

I came across this answer in my email today and tested the navtitle attribute in v4.4. This still does not work.

AEM Guides v4.4

AEM: 6.5.19

UUID On-Prem Installation

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Have you set the attribute locktitle="yes" for topicrefs for which you want navtitle to be visible in native PDF output?

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Level 4

Hey, Surbhi!

As always, your help is much appreciated!

I added the lock attribute to the navtitle and the topicmeta, but it didn't quite do the trick. As I mentioned in a previous post, it is unfortunate that it really wreaks havoc on chapter numbering, too, but luckily changing the wrap to a full topic does resolve the issue. It's just time-consuming on a larger, legacy scale, and it would be a very nice-to-have to get these to show up.

Thanks again!

Josh

Level 5

Yes, adding locktitle=Yes works. The navtitle now appears in the PDF. Thank you.