Expand my Community achievements bar.

Live Copy support for DITA documents

Level 1

Hello,

I want to use Live Copies of the DAM structure to provide documents in different languages. The structure of the dam elements is based on the product catalog of the customer.

• Master
    • Group A
      • Group AA
        • Product
          • Dita Topics
          • Dita Maps
        • Group AB
      • Group B
    • EN
      • ….

The problem is that I cannot cancel the inheritance of the content for topics and dita maps. Like I can cancel the inheritance in the properties or on a normal AEM page.

I can edit a Live Copy topic. But after the first rollout of the master was done, an exception occurred when I try to save the topic of the Live Copy.

21.02.2022 10:13:47.788 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1645434827785] POST /bin/validatexml HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.fmdita.uuid.concrete.JcrResource Unable to get references for path /content/dam/dita-maps/copy/Overview.dita uuid null

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.adobe.fmdita.common.PathUtils.getURLWithoutBookmark(PathUtils.java:314) [com.adobe.fmdita.utils:3.8.0]

at com.adobe.fmdita.uuid.ReferenceFactory.getReference(ReferenceFactory.java:46) [com.adobe.fmdita.utils:3.8.0]

Is there an intended way to get Live Copies working with dita documents?

Thanks,

Benjamin

1 Reply

Level 6

Hi Benjamin,

Currently, the supported way to provide DITA documents in different languages is to use the translation capability. Let us know if you have any specific use case to go for live copies.