Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

‌☕‌ Community Q&A Coffee Break, 8/30/23: Strategize for Maximum ROI Impact with Peak Season Readiness Webinar Follow-up Qs, w/ Adobe Target Experts John Magnusson and John Mosbaugh ‌☕‌

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break! 

Wednesday, August 30th from 8am - 9am PT 

We'll be joined by Adobe Target experts: John Magnusson () and John Mosbaugh (@jmosbau). In this AMA (Ask Me Anything)- like event, the experts will be logged in to chat with you over this Discussion Thread, ready to answer any of your questions related to the topics covered in the 8/17 Strategize for maximum ROI impact with Peak Season Readiness Webinar (watch the recording today... specifically:

• How to effectively create dashboards and report key metrics
  • Examining the impact of each marketing channel
  • Digging deeper into customer behavior and shopping trends
  • Identifying poor customer experiences and improve them via testing
  • Uncovering areas of opportunity to drive site conversion

Participating is easy:

• RSVP "Yes" and receive a Calendar Hold to the event
  • Add your Questions below by Replying to this thread - begin your Question with our hosts' Community Usernames:  and @jmosbau.
  • Stand-by to watch the page as the experts weigh in during the hour, so that you can:
    • Clarify your questions
    • Ask follow up Qs and provide additional details
    • See Questions posted by other Community members to up-vote those that you find interesting
    • Discuss further with your Target Community member peers 

Meet the experts:

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 9.34.20 PM.png

John Magnusson (), Adobe Customer Success ManagerJohn is currently a Customer Success Manager with the Data and Integration team. John has been with Adobe for over 10 years and has been working with Analytics and Target to support Adobe customers across industry verticals.

Amelia_Waliany_2-1686147038430.jpeg

John Mosbaugh (@jmosbau), Adobe Principal Customer Success Architect: John Mosbaugh is a Principal Technical Consultant for the Adobe Experience Cloud with more than fifteen years experience working with Adobe Target and Recommendations. He has helped a wide range of clients in the retail, entertainment, and healthcare verticals implement and integrate Target in ways that maximize ROI. John is currently on the Information Architecture team assisting clients with DX solution integrations.

Something already coming to mind?

Add your related questions below any time before or during the Coffee Break on Wednesday, August 30th, when you can watch the page and be ready to add follow-up questions and discuss further with other community members!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Employee

Hello! My name is Francisco Fraga I am with the Support Team and Happy to answer any questions 

Employee

Hi and thank you for joining today!  we look forward to working through your questions today!  -John Magnusson

Employee

Hello, John Mosbaugh here to answer questions. 

Administrator

Thanks  @jmagnusson @jmosbaug and @frager1 for joining us today! This Question was posted by Target Community Member @JyotiSharmaV :

"I have enabled some configurations in Launch and Adobe Target to capture the category affinity of users but it's not working for me. I created a rule in Launch and configured category affinity as mbox param using "user.categoryId". It's further mapped to a data element capturing the page's product category type.

Amelia_Waliany_0-1693408804465.png

And, In Target I created a profile script as below screenshot and mapped it for audience creation

Amelia_Waliany_1-1693408804466.png

Amelia_Waliany_2-1693408804466.png

I tried to put mbox trace but I don't know why for my visits I am unable to see affinity for my product category, I am seeing below thing in value [luxury] I don't know from where it's coming up

Amelia_Waliany_3-1693408804467.png

what is that? Am I missing something setting up CA?"

Link to Original Question

Employee

@JyotiSharmaV 

I would check the following:

The data element you're using %Multiple_Product_Categories that you're mapping to user.categoryId. Does that possibly have multiple values (it's called Multiple..) and is it possible that luxury is one of those values? 

Also, when using the mbox debugger, you will see your category affinity by default, so you don't need to create a profile to see it. In this case you've named it user.Category_Aff. I would verify what is in the default debug by going to a page with a %Multiple_Product_categories data element. View the mbox call on that page and see what value is being passed. Then visit that page a few times to make sure it appears in your category affinity. 

Usually the issue with incorrect values appearing for cat affinity happens in the mapping of the data layer attribute.

Administrator

Thanks  @jmagnusson @jmosbaug and @frager1 for joining us today! This Question was posted by Target Community Member kkchaitu:

"Hi All,

Problem:

I have a english page and global share the same content. For personalization as of now i am duplicating the activity and changing the page delivery url for the second one.

Instead of copying/duplicating a same activity and change the page delivery URL, Is there way we can replicate same changes for 2 or more URLs in a single activity ?"

Employee

Hi, the first thing that comes to mind would be to use page templates in Adobe Target.  To work correctly, this feature must be used on pages that have a similar structure or contain template elements that are structured the same on all pages.

One example of how you might use this feature would be adding/removing an item from all product pages that use a particular page template, or change the layout of an article template. 

Additional information can be found here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/experiences/vec/temtest.html?lang=en

Administrator

Thanks  @jmagnusson @jmosbaug and @frager1 for joining us today! This Question was posted by Target Community Member

"Hi, currently I would like to run some organic testing in Adobe Target, i.e.

I setup my target audience, whom traffic sources comes from Google and with the keyword "myProductName" and when the user reaches my page, I will show them this specific product.

I refer to this link https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/creating-a-target-audience-b... however it doesn't seems to help. And I also saw that https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/search-keyword.html?lang=en it seems that now it doesn't allow passing of parameters in the URL.

Any one tried this?"

Employee

Hi

The reason this is not working is that a few lesser search engines still provide the keywords in the referrer, so it's not likely you can get significant populations

Administrator

Thanks  @jmagnusson @jmosbaug and @frager1 for joining us today! This Question was posted by Target Community Member arshdeepv954921: 

"I recently came across some documentation regarding priority between multiple target activities while investigating for an issue. It says "The priority is used if multiple activities are assigned to the same location with the same audience. If two or more activities are assigned to the location, the activity with the highest priority displays".

Also, I believe if we use custom code, then the location is not defined. Location is only defined if we use CSS selectors within target. Correct me if this is wrong?

At my organization since the last two years we have been using priority across different activities (all activities have custom code and no CSS selectors) with different and/or same audience group.

Now, the issue is that target is executing/pushing/adding custom code for multiple changes/activities at the same time even when they have different priority. This behavior is correct as per the documentation (link provided above). However, after two years of implementing this differently, it is very difficult for my team to believe that. As per my team it should be following the priority order.

Can someone please confirm how does priority work or share some information."

Employee

@arshdeepv954921 

I'm responding to your second comment on this thread: 

Hi @Arshdeepv

Best practice for targeting a DOM element with multiple Target Activities is to use Audiences to exclude and include groups of visitors. A simpler example than the one you post above would be 10 activities on a banner element on a home page. In that case you would use the swim lanes profile scripts to assign a random number to your visitors and use that audience to split up the traffic so that Target doesn't have to evaluate all 10 activities for priority. Here is a page on doing that: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/use-profile-scripts-...

Reliance on Priority should be secondary to using Audiences to exclude visitors from ever having to evaluate multiple activities on the same DOM element.  

For your question about the ads and 5000 different content, this is something Advertising Cloud is built for.