Highlighted

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 6/24: Ram Parthasarathy, Principal Product Manager Adobe Experience Cloud

Amelia_Waliany

Employee

18-06-2020

Join us for our next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, June 24th @ 10am PDT

👨‍💻👩‍💻--> REGISTER NOW <-- 👨‍💻👩‍💻

We'll be joined by Ram Parthasarathy aka @ram_adobe, Principal Product Manager for Adobe Experience Cloud, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

  • General Adobe Target topics
  • Next Best Offer
  • Offer Decisioning

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget? Register now to receive a reminder!

🎯REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 🎯

  • Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!

*(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

🎯INSTRUCTIONS 🎯

  • Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @ram_adobe 
  • When exchanging messages with Ram about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Ram

QUOTE BUTTON.png

 

 

ram_profile.jpg

 

 

 

Ram is a Principal Product Manager for Adobe Experience Cloud, based in San Francisco, California. He focuses on next best experience engines and cross-channel decisioning.

 

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our last break with David Son, Adobe Target Product Manager

Adobe Target Coffee Break connect

Replies

Highlighted

ram_adobe

24-06-2020

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Community Q&A coffee break. I’m looking forward to sharing insights and answers to your questions. 

Highlighted

Damon_Hall

24-06-2020

Hello, a question that I had was whether or not the "Redirect" issue with Target experience data in Adobe Analytics will be addressed in the near future.  Specifically I'm referring to when you use a redirect in an experience in an a/b activity, you received inflated Unique Visitor data (sometimes up to 2 times the amount you see for the control).  

Damon_Hall_0-1593018302119.png

Also, in the New Target Panel that was recently released, is this displaying Target Reporting data? Or AA reporting Data? Will you still see the redirect discrepancy in this new panel?   https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/panels/a4t-panel.html

Highlighted

mikewebguy

Employee

24-06-2020

@ram_adobe ,



@ram_adobe wrote:

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Community Q&A coffee break. I’m looking forward to sharing insights and answers to your questions. 


What is an upcoming product feature you are most excited about?
Highlighted

christammm

24-06-2020

Hi @ram_adobe

 

Are HTML offers meant for strictly content/asset changes to existing sections on the page? What would you say is the best practice for storing offers that create or add new sections on the page with JavaScript, given that you can only replace existing elements with Offers on the VEC?
Highlighted

shanitco

24-06-2020

@ram_adobe Hi, what are your thoughts on adjusting the significance level for pages that are testing different stages in the conversion funnel (e.g. .05 vs .01)?

Highlighted

ram_adobe

24-06-2020


@Damon_Hall wrote:

Hello, a question that I had was whether or not the "Redirect" issue with Target experience data in Adobe Analytics will be addressed in the near future.  Specifically I'm referring to when you use a redirect in an experience in an a/b activity, you received inflated Unique Visitor data (sometimes up to 2 times the amount you see for the control).  

Damon_Hall_0-1593018302119.png

Also, in the New Target Panel that was recently released, is this displaying Target Reporting data? Or AA reporting Data? Will you still see the redirect discrepancy in this new panel?   https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/panels/a4t-panel.html


Hello Damon, 

 

The "redirect" issue is generally related to the sequence in which the data is recorded and our teams are evaluating potential solutions. Unlike regular tests where we have good control over the sequencing of the hits to make sure the data is accurate, redirect tests are a little tricky!

 

We have addressed this issue completely in our brand new Experience Platform Web SDK. The new web SDK unifies Analytics, Target, Visitor ID into a single js tag and eliminates this problem. 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-platform/edge/home.html

 

For the current set up with appmeasurement and at.js, here is a proposal. In order for Analytics to keep all of the data coming in from Target, the following calls have to all fire and they have to fire in this specific order on both URL1 and URL2. Additionally they have to be on the specified minimum versions:

 

visitorID visitorAPI.js v2.3.0 (demdex)
Target at.js 1.6.3 (mboxHost)
Analytics appMeasurement.js v2.1 (/ss)

 

We should ensure that the calls from above are firing on both URL1 and URL2 and are firing in the order specified above and are on the minimum versions specified above. There is a possibility that even after you do all of that there will still be an issue with traffic distribution when using redirect in an activity which is A4T enabled but this sequencing should minimize it.

 

For your part two of the question on the A4T panel, it shows AA data. For A4T tests, Target uses Analytics hits as the source of data collection and this applies to the new A4T panel in workspace as well. Unfortunately, you will still see the redirect discrepancies in the workspace panel until the underlying implementation issue is resolved. 

 

Thanks to @mikewebguy  for the insights on the sequence of tags firing.

Highlighted

drewb6915421

24-06-2020


@shanitco wrote:

@ram_adobe Hi, what are your thoughts on adjusting the significance level for pages that are testing different stages in the conversion funnel (e.g. .05 vs .01)?


Hi shanitco!

 

95% usually constitutes a reasonable trade-off between the risk of a false positive and the opportunity costs of running the test for a longer time to have greater confidence in the results. However, two situations warrant paying close attention to the significance level and its implications for test results: post-test segmentation and testing multiple offers.  You can certainly adjust to 99%, but know that this will require higher levels of traffic to achieve statistically significant results.

Highlighted

drewb6915421

24-06-2020


@drewb6915421 wrote:

@shanitco wrote:

@ram_adobe Hi, what are your thoughts on adjusting the significance level for pages that are testing different stages in the conversion funnel (e.g. .05 vs .01)?


Hi shanitco!

 

95% usually constitutes a reasonable trade-off between the risk of a false positive and the opportunity costs of running the test for a longer time to have greater confidence in the results. However, two situations warrant paying close attention to the significance level and its implications for test results: post-test segmentation and testing multiple offers.  You can certainly adjust to 99%, but know that this will require higher levels of traffic to achieve statistically significant results.


Here is a good source document for how Target treats statistical confidence and other factors to consider in analysis of results: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/activities/abtest/common-ab-testing-pitfalls.htm...