Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 6/10: David Son, Adobe Target Product Manager

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, June 10th @ 10am PDT

--> REGISTER NOW <-- 

We'll be joined by David Son aka @DavidSonPM, Adobe Target Product Manager, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to her areas of expertise:

• At.js
  • Mobile
  • Alloy
  • APIs 

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget? Register now to receive a reminder!

A NOTE FROM NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, DAVID SON 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @DavidSonPM 
  • When exchanging messages with David about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with David 

david headshot.png

David Son is a product manager for Adobe Target where he leads product strategy for mobile, APIs, and SDKs. He holds a B.A. in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley and is based in San Francisco, California.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our last break with Shannon Hamilton, Senior Adobe Target Product Manager

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

31 Replies

Level 4

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @DavidSonPM, this question was originally posted by fellow Adobe Target Community member, @mezpahlan : How to get Target Preview working with new AEP library? 

I'm trying to get Target Previews working with the new AEP library for Target. Previously we were using the v4 Mobile Library:

com.adobe.mobile:adobeMobileLibrary:4.y.z

Now we're trying to migrate to the new AEP SDKs:

implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:sdk-core:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:analytics:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:userprofile:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:mobileservices:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:target:1.y.z"

The documentation https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/mobile-apps/target-mobile-previ... says this: 

Android: In the app , call Config.trackAdobeDeepLink(URL); when the caller is asked to open the resource with the URL scheme that was specified in the previous step. 

Which worked fine when we were using the v4 Mobile Library, but I can't seem to do that with the new libraries. What's the new recommended way to continue to use Target Preview? Or is there an alternative?

Please review this documentation for preview support in v5 - https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-target#visual-preview

Level 1

Hi @DavidSonPM @Amelia_Waliany unfortunately your documentation is taking me in circles and not answering my question .

Your v5 link (https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-target#visual-preview) says:

"For more information about setting up Target visual preview, see Target mobile preview."

Which takes me to the link I originally posted about in my first question (https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/mobile-apps/target-mobile-previ...) which is for the v4 libraries.

1. Config.trackAdobeDeepLink(appLinkData) no longer exists in v5 so I can't use that.
  2. MobileServices.trackAdobeDeepLink(appLinkData) works differently in v5 and doesn't support Target Preview in the same way as v4.

There's clearly something that I am doing wrong but I can't get the help I need from your documentation. Are you able to clarify how I should be testing Adobe Target on mobile prior to launching into Production. Many thanks.

Administrator

Hi @DavidSonPM! Given your areas of expertise in Adobe Target, what are some areas you've been working on recently that you're excited about? 

And where can people go to hear about them? 

Level 4

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @DavidSonPM! Given your areas of expertise in Adobe Target, what are some areas you've been working on recently that you're excited about? 

And where can people go to hear about them? 

We are really excited about our ability to help customers personalize across channels via our Web, Mobile, Java, and Node.js SDKs. 

We are also working on some exciting initiatives where we can tremendously optimize performance in our SDKs. We are hoping for a zero-latency decisioning approach. Stay tuned for more!

Level 3

@DavidSonPM: Does Alloy.js make at.js obsolete? When should we consider what?

Level 4

@Nicolas_Swisscom wrote:

@DavidSonPM: Does Alloy.js make at.js obsolete? When should we consider what?

Alloy.js doesn't make at.js obsolete at this time. However, the long term goal is to have all Target customers leverage Alloy.js in the future. A good time to consider Alloy.js would be when a customer is ready to leverage AEP.

Administrator

Hi @DavidSonPM How can we integrate with Target successfully, given that cookie policies are progressing rapidly in such a way that both creating and retaining cookies will be limited on the browser?

Level 4

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @DavidSonPM How can we integrate with Target successfully, given that cookie policies are progressing rapidly in such a way that both creating and retaining cookies will be limited on the browser?

Our recommendation is to integrate with Target via the server-side through our API or SDKs and to manage your own 1P ID. When managing your 1P ID and passing it over to Target, we will use your 1P ID for decisioning and bucketing. In this way, you won't have to worry about our Target client-side cookies expiring and getting impacted by ITP.

Level 4

As we end this coffee break, I want to thank everyone for your time and your questions! Looking forward for more in the future!

Level 1

@DavidSonPM  - what are some Mobile Personalization strategies that have been successful with clients? Does Auto-Target and Auto-Allocate work in Mobile? 

Employee

Hi David, Just a note that there is a 404 error page when trying to register. some of my customers are trying to register to receive the calendar reminder.