☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 10/14/20, 8am PT: Jon Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target☕ [SERIES 2]

Amelia_Waliany

Employee

Amelia_Waliany

Employee

Amelia_Waliany
Employee

29-09-2020

Join us for our next monthly Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, October 14th @ 8am PT

👨‍💻👩‍💻Register Now!👨‍💻👩‍💻

We'll be joined by Jon Tehero aka @Jon_Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

• AI improvements
  • A4T for Auto-Target
  • Slot-based Recommendations
  • General Adobe Target backend & UI

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget?  Register now to mark your calendar and receive Reminders!

🎯A NOTE FROM OUR NEXT COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, JON TEHERO 🎯

🎯REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 🎯

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

🎯INSTRUCTIONS 🎯

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @Jon_Tehero 
  • When exchanging messages with Jon about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Jon

QUOTE BUTTON.png

Jon-Tehero-Bio.jpg

Jon Tehero is a Group Product Manager for Adobe Target. He’s overseen hundreds of new features within the Target platform and has played a key role in migrating functionality from Target's classic platforms into the new Adobe Target UI. Jon is currently focused on expanding the Target feature set to address an even broader set of use-cases. Prior to working on the Product Management team, Jon consulted for over sixty mid- to enterprise-sized customers, and was a subject matter expert within the Adobe Consulting group.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the threads from our first Series of Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Breaks

A4T AI AImarketing Artificial Intelligence Auto-Target Coffee Break Product Management Q&A Recommendations

Replies

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero
Employee

14-10-2020

@frihed30 wrote:

@Jon_Tehero 
What is the best way to combine testing methods (a/b testing while personalising - XT & AB). To make sure that you are always improving? 

Hello @frihed30 ,

Great question! Within our A/B activity, you can do both personalization and experimentation. This allows you to test out your personalization techniques and learn what is working the most. You can get pretty sophisticated in testing your personalization by utilizing a feature that allows you to serve different variations of the same experience to different audiences. This could come in handy if you were personalizing content across different geos with different languages, etc.  

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero
Employee

14-10-2020

@mravlich wrote:

@Jon_Tehero  Hi -> with the new A4T view in workspace, will we ever use calculated metrics within the view to get confidence levels? Any tips for using this now? Thanks.

Hi @mravlich,

This is definitely a common request among our customers. Check out my reply to Shani2 on the same topic.

drewb6915421

drewb6915421

drewb6915421

14-10-2020

@Shani2 Check out this Spark page on additional best practices for leveraging A4T: https://spark.adobe.com/page/Lo3Spm4oBOvwF/

mravlich

mravlich

mravlich

14-10-2020

@drewb6915421 -> the link doesn't seem to work. It just redirects me back to this thread. 

drewb6915421

drewb6915421

drewb6915421

14-10-2020

peterhartung

Employee

peterhartung

Employee

peterhartung
Employee

14-10-2020

Hey Jon,

@wixyFun asked the following in our forums:

Hi, 

I have some issues with Catalog and inclusion rules comparisons in adobe target recommendations. 

I am trying to use " is less than or equal to" to compare same entity attribute values that are numeric and it looks like adobe thinks of the attribute values as strings , so only when using "equals" I get a correct entity match.

For example, entity.hoursSinceUpdate = 358 is returned when searching/filtering for hoursSinceUpdate is less than or equal to 72

What could be causing this issue? 

Should I delete entities from the catalog or try updating them instead? 

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/entity-attributes-cannot-be-...

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero
Employee

14-10-2020

@Shani2 wrote:

Hi again, @Jon_TeheroI have a statistical question. Is there a feature in the roadmap for the user to be able to select a one tailed test as the statistical method in the Target UI during the experience setup? Currently, by default, the Target statistical engine is configured to support a two tailed test as well as the Sample Size calculator. Technically we can manually adjust the significance level in the sample size calculator if we wished to convert to a single tailed test and manually choose to end a test based on a set of given parameters, however, it would be a lot less effort if that could be automated by being able to select one-sided vs two-sided tests in the UI. One-tailed tests require less time to run and has a lower error probability than two-tailed tests (i.e. alpha is not halved) if testing for a specific direction (i.e. positive/negative). If for example. we are truly testing for superiority, then testing for a negative impact has no value and the cost is having a test run for longer than needed for the business question of interest. As we look for more ways to be agile and become more efficient with our testing program, I am eager to learn if expanding alternative ways of computing statistical significance is in Target’s product roadmap? Thank you!

@Shani2,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on one-tailed experiments. We do not have anything on our roadmap at this time for supporting one-tailed tests.

mravlich

mravlich

mravlich

14-10-2020

@Jon_Tehero do you have any tips for scaling the testing amount within a SPA (single-page application)?

mravlich

mravlich

mravlich

14-10-2020

Thank you.

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero

Employee

Jon_Tehero
Employee

14-10-2020

@peterhartung wrote:

Hey Jon,

@wixyFun asked the following in our forums:

Hi, 

I have some issues with Catalog and inclusion rules comparisons in adobe target recommendations. 

I am trying to use " is less than or equal to" to compare same entity attribute values that are numeric and it looks like adobe thinks of the attribute values as strings , so only when using "equals" I get a correct entity match.

For example, entity.hoursSinceUpdate = 358 is returned when searching/filtering for hoursSinceUpdate is less than or equal to 72

What could be causing this issue? 

Should I delete entities from the catalog or try updating them instead? 

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/entity-attributes-cannot-be-...

Hello @wixyFun,

Thank you for your question. You are correct in that the "is less than or equal to" operator is looking for a numeric value. However, when you create a custom entity.attribute, the default data type is string. If you reach out to customer care, they can submit a ticket to convert the field type to a numeric field so that the evaluation will work as intended. I will make sure we add this information to our documentation as well.