Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"The som expression '$. for the dataRef specified on field 'field', resolved to an incompatible...

Level 3

Node type of dataGroup, is what follows that error.

It's strange, every single field is mapped just fine, it only happens with a particular one.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I'm having trouble viewing your form in Designer, I'm guessing it is because you have ES4 and I only have ES3.  But there does seem to be an unnamed subform under cuentaCitionePlus just after TextField7 which is also bound to $.accountDetail.interestDueAmount.value.  This creates a dataGroup object as it was not in the sample XML used to create the data connection (notice that it is greyed out in the data view palette), so when the field "Intereses proyectados a fin de mes" then tries to bind it will find the dataGroup object (not a dataValue).

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 10

Do you know which line is causing the error... if you specify a resolveNode(), it might be because your somExpression is wrong...

Level 3

The error only happens when I try to bind to a specific xml node, that is similar to everyone else.

Does not matter the field I try to bind to, that's why I'm confused.

What confuses me more, is that if I make an intentional typo, there is no error, the value is just not mapped, and everything runs without problem, but when I match the value of the node, that is when the error happens (in this particular field)

For example, the error occurs when I map my textField to:

<interestDueAmount>

<currencyCode>COP</currencyCode>

<value>222</value>

</interestDueAmount>

If I do (in the Binding section) $.accountDetail.interestDueAmount.value -> I have the previous error.

If I do $.accountDetail.interestDueAmount.asd -> no error, no mapping of course but I have no errors either.

So, I'm confused

Level 10

try the following

$.accountDetail.interestDueAmount.value.text.value

Level 3

That throws no error, but there is no mapping either.

Level 3

Alright this is weird, if I change the tag in the xml just a bit, let say, I add one letter in some part, it works.

It is like that particular word interestDueAmount conflicts somehow with something else...

Level 10

Hi,

The error trying to saying you are binding a field in your form to a group element in your data connection.  In your example interestDueAmount is a group element (or complex type) and is represented in your data connection as a dataGroup object.  Subforms can be bound to dataGroup objects but fields can't.

I think the binding should be just  $.accountDetail.interestDueAmount (that is without the ".value")

Bruce

Level 3

But.. I use the same method for retrieving data all over my form, and it works just fine, for example:

<currentBalance>

<currencyCode>COP</currencyCode>

<value>222155</value>

</currentBalance>

I use $.accountDetail.currentBalance.value  -> and it works perfectly.

Level 10

Hi,

I think I misunderstood your problem, is it possible for you to publish your form and data somewhere and add a link to it here in this thread so we can see what is happening?

Bruce

Level 3

Sure, I sent you a PM with a link containing both files, the .xdp and the xml data.

Thanks Bruce!.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I'm having trouble viewing your form in Designer, I'm guessing it is because you have ES4 and I only have ES3.  But there does seem to be an unnamed subform under cuentaCitionePlus just after TextField7 which is also bound to $.accountDetail.interestDueAmount.value.  This creates a dataGroup object as it was not in the sample XML used to create the data connection (notice that it is greyed out in the data view palette), so when the field "Intereses proyectados a fin de mes" then tries to bind it will find the dataGroup object (not a dataValue).

Regards

Bruce

Level 3

Bruce, you are a life saver!, I just had to delete and then create the connection again, and it worked!.

Not sure why, there are so many things kind of "shady" about how Designer works, but, at least now the form is 100% funciontal.

Thanks!.

Level 1

Hi ALL,

We are using Adobe Live Cycle Designer 7.1 Interactive Forms in SAP Netweaver 7.5(Upgrade) from Netweaver 7.0.

We have interactive Forms which has Node Mapped to Interactive Form  and we are getting this error BarcodeDetail[*]' for the dataRef specified on field 'Barcode', resolved to an incompatible node type of 'dataValue'.

Table structure is like below. and we are getting this Error, However its fine with SAP Netweaver 7.0 with Adobe live cycle designer 7.1 and we have issue with SAP Netweaver 7.5 with Adobe live cycle designer 7.1.

Can you helps us how the issue can be resolved.

SOM_Issue.png

Level 10

Hi,

The error is saying the row Barcode is mapping onto an element in your schema and not a complex type.  That would suggest the data connection definition would be something like "<BarcodeDetail dd:maxOccur="-1"/>", you should be able to find this in the View ... XML Source.  Version 7.1 is very, very old so I can't test it but it looks strange to me that your binding expressions don't start with a "$.'.  Maybe redoing the binding would help.  Otherwise if you are able to upload the form somewhere and post a link to it here, we can have a look.

Regards

Bruce