Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multipage form, "keep with next", expandable

Level 1

I am creating a form that has expandable fields and allows page breaks within content.  That is not a problem.  However, the fields will not all fit on one page.  Fields one-sic are on the first page with the remainder and the signature block on the second page.  When the fields on the first page expand beyond the page limits it does not "keep with next" with fields that are located on the second page. How do you create a multipage form with pages linked to "keep with next"

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

This might be a problem cause by the pagination property.

Within LiveCycle, if you select the subform PageTwo and look in the Object Palette -> Pagination

You have different properties, in this case you are interested with "Place" and "After" property...

Make sure to have ...

Place : Following Previous

After : Continue Filling Parent

I hope this will help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

"Keep with next" is a bit of mystery, are the subforms you want to keep together at the same level, are they siblings of each other.  I find it easier to wrap them in a subform and clear the allow page breaks, if that is possible.

John Brinkman's layout debug tool might help, Debug merge and layout

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Bruce,

All text fields are set to expand.  When that happens nine moves to a second page and all items on page two below are forced to a third page leaving white space on the second.  I am trying to tie page one and two together so that when fields expand everything on page two isn't forced to a separate page.  Thanks for the help.

Image1.PNG

Image2.PNG

Image3.PNG

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

This might be a problem cause by the pagination property.

Within LiveCycle, if you select the subform PageTwo and look in the Object Palette -> Pagination

You have different properties, in this case you are interested with "Place" and "After" property...

Make sure to have ...

Place : Following Previous

After : Continue Filling Parent

I hope this will help!

Level 1

Thanks.  I knew it was staring me in the face.  Marked as correct answer!