Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Mac version of LiveCycle Designer?

Level 1

I'm sorry, I know this has been asked before but I can't find a straight answer.

Is there a Mac version of LiveCycle Designer?

Our office is upgrading to CS5 Design Premium. If we buy the Mac version, will we get LiveCycle Designer? (bundled with Acrobat 9 Pro?)

It seems the forum users say no, but two Adobe reps have told me yes. I don't know who to believe.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

No joy!

When LS Designer is bundled with Acrobat, it ONLY comes with the Windows version.

As far as I know, LC Designer is not available for the Mac, as the background Enterprise Suite is a Windows solution.

I have CS5 Design Premium for Mac and it does not have LC Designer. I do have  a standalone Acrobat 9 Pro Extended for Windows and it does have LC Designer bundled.

One last point: in future releases LC Designer will not be available as a standalone purchase. See http://forms.stefcameron.com/2010/01/14/purchase-designer-es2-upgrade/

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

No joy!

When LS Designer is bundled with Acrobat, it ONLY comes with the Windows version.

As far as I know, LC Designer is not available for the Mac, as the background Enterprise Suite is a Windows solution.

I have CS5 Design Premium for Mac and it does not have LC Designer. I do have  a standalone Acrobat 9 Pro Extended for Windows and it does have LC Designer bundled.

One last point: in future releases LC Designer will not be available as a standalone purchase. See http://forms.stefcameron.com/2010/01/14/purchase-designer-es2-upgrade/

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Thanks. Hearing from someone who has CS5 Design Premium installed has convinced me. I knew it was too good to be true.

Former Community Member

There is a way to run the Windows version, however. Install a virtual machine on your

mac and run LCD from that. I have it running right now using VMWare Fusion on Windows 7 64-bit (in Unity mode so the programs act/look native to Mac OS) just dandy. I've attached a screenshot.

Screen shot 2010-09-30 at 12.53.21 PM.JPG

Level 10

Excellent point!!

That's how I use LC Designer (with Parallels and Windows 7), but failed to mention it ;-)

Niall

Level 1

Ugh this is ridiculous. I'm not installing a virtual machine on my mac just to edit a PDF.

I'm trying to change two text characters on a form and Acrobat just keeps telling me to use LiveCycle Designer, which I don't have because they haven't made it for mac. Why? This is so dumb.