Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mac version of LiveCycle Designer?

Level 1

I'm sorry, I know this has been asked before but I can't find a straight answer.

Is there a Mac version of LiveCycle Designer?

Our office is upgrading to CS5 Design Premium. If we buy the Mac version, will we get LiveCycle Designer? (bundled with Acrobat 9 Pro?)

It seems the forum users say no, but two Adobe reps have told me yes. I don't know who to believe.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

No joy!

When LS Designer is bundled with Acrobat, it ONLY comes with the Windows version.

As far as I know, LC Designer is not available for the Mac, as the background Enterprise Suite is a Windows solution.

I have CS5 Design Premium for Mac and it does not have LC Designer. I do have  a standalone Acrobat 9 Pro Extended for Windows and it does have LC Designer bundled.

One last point: in future releases LC Designer will not be available as a standalone purchase. See http://forms.stefcameron.com/2010/01/14/purchase-designer-es2-upgrade/

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

No joy!

When LS Designer is bundled with Acrobat, it ONLY comes with the Windows version.

As far as I know, LC Designer is not available for the Mac, as the background Enterprise Suite is a Windows solution.

I have CS5 Design Premium for Mac and it does not have LC Designer. I do have  a standalone Acrobat 9 Pro Extended for Windows and it does have LC Designer bundled.

One last point: in future releases LC Designer will not be available as a standalone purchase. See http://forms.stefcameron.com/2010/01/14/purchase-designer-es2-upgrade/

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Thanks. Hearing from someone who has CS5 Design Premium installed has convinced me. I knew it was too good to be true.

Former Community Member

There is a way to run the Windows version, however. Install a virtual machine on your

mac and run LCD from that. I have it running right now using VMWare Fusion on Windows 7 64-bit (in Unity mode so the programs act/look native to Mac OS) just dandy. I've attached a screenshot.

Screen shot 2010-09-30 at 12.53.21 PM.JPG

Level 10

Excellent point!!

That's how I use LC Designer (with Parallels and Windows 7), but failed to mention it ;-)

Niall

Level 1

Ugh this is ridiculous. I'm not installing a virtual machine on my mac just to edit a PDF.

I'm trying to change two text characters on a form and Acrobat just keeps telling me to use LiveCycle Designer, which I don't have because they haven't made it for mac. Why? This is so dumb.