Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to increase the marker size in radio buttons when rendered as a Static form

Level 6

Is there a way to increase the size of the actual "fill in" marker (default, solid square, check mark, circle, diamond, etc)  used in radio buttons when reendering a form as a static pdf? I know you can always increase the actual size of the radio button itself to increase the marker size, but for some reason the markers are so much smaller in size in static forms vs using the same radio button rendered as a dynamic form. Also, check boxes diuspokay fine, it's just the radio buttons that appear really small.

With Acroforms, you can actually increase the marker size by simply increasing the font size of a radio button (even if there is no text/caption attached to the radio field). Doing so will increase the marker size within the radio button while maintaing the same radio button field size.

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

In the Radio Button properties, under Field tab, there is a size property. You can increase this property to increase the size of the fill in part of Radio Button.

It should work both in Static and Dynamic forms.

Thanks

Srini

Level 6

Srini,

Are you talking about the "Size" attribute under  the "Appearance" option --> on Field tab?  if so, that option will actually increase the overall radio button size (making it larger). I want to keep the radio button the same size, but just increase the internal marker size. The attach image illustrates the issue. I want to use the 7.5pt radio button size (to fit my design), but look how small the filler/marker is.  Yes, I can increase the radio button to 9 or 11pt in order to make the marker larger, but that isn't the size I want.  I want to use the 7.5pt radio button with the filler the same as the check box at 7.5pt, which ironically has no issues..... it's just with radio buttons.

radio button size comparison.jpg

Level 6

PS....when the form is rendered as a Dynamic form...both, radio buttons and check boxes, work just fine.  Radio button fillers seem to be reduced when rendered as a Staic form for some reason.