Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do I get multiple lines in a form?

Former Community Member

I have a form that has five fields in it.  One of the fields can require multiple lines to exist and when it is printed you can't use a scroll bar.

That field has "Allow multiple Lines" checked.  Just to get it to work, all the rest do as well.  Of course, that didn't work anyway.  This subform that can repeat has a node "RepeatingData" that has a node "Repeating" which has the five fields that can repeat.  I can't see any property on either containing node to allow it to dynamically grow.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The problem is in the layout of the field. Right click on the field, hover over Palettes and click Layout.

You should see height and width settings there. under the height entry there is a check box that says "expand to fit".

Hope that helps!

-PastAdobe

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

You state that you have "Multiple lines" checked but you don't get multiple lines. Does this mean you don't see visually mulitple lines or you have tested the form and you can't enter in multiple lines? If you are wanting the field to expand as you type, please check out my solution here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/832659?tstart=0.

Mallard27

Correct answer by
Level 1

The problem is in the layout of the field. Right click on the field, hover over Palettes and click Layout.

You should see height and width settings there. under the height entry there is a check box that says "expand to fit".

Hope that helps!

-PastAdobe

Former Community Member

Thanks!  Sorry about getting back so late.

Jerry