Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Changing form from positioned to flowed

Level 4

Hi...I have a form that I'm trying to edit.  There are a bunch of positioned subforms inside of flowed subforms.  I need to change the positioned subforms to flowed to allow the text boxes to grow, but when I do that, all the content in the subform gets messed up and moved all over the place.

Is there an easier way to do this without re-creating the form?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 10

One way is to wrap the expanding boxes in flowed subforms of their own (right-click on your field and select "wrap in subform" then set it to flowed) and then using the hierarchy palette move the new subform between the positioned subforms. If all of them are in a top-level flowed subform then everything should work fine.

Remember that flowed vs. positioned refers to the content of the subform, not the subform itself. If a positioned subform is inside a flowed subform the positioned subform will move with other content inside the flowed subform.

subform - flowed

subform - positioned

subform - flowed

subform - positioned

etc.

Depending on your layout, you could also try changing the flow direction from "top to bottom" to "western text" and see if that makes a difference.

Level 4

When I wrap that text box in a flowed subform, and it expands, it goes over top of the stuff below it?

Level 10

Hi,

Below are two examples that demonstrate what Jono is saying. The first was an example of keeping different textfields in line as they expanded. The second shows the use of positioned and flowed within the one container.

Good luck,

Niall