Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe Reader 8 download

Level 1

On my Mac book pro- to open a pdf file- msg comes (Using Safari)

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see http://www.adobe.com/go/pdf_forms_configure.

How do I open this pdf doc?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The question is: what type of PDF is this? When you get this message you are trying to open an atypical PDF. For example an XFA forms technology based PDF. Where does this PDF come from and what is it for? Is it an electronic form?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The question is: what type of PDF is this? When you get this message you are trying to open an atypical PDF. For example an XFA forms technology based PDF. Where does this PDF come from and what is it for? Is it an electronic form?

Level 10

What you're seeing it the Shell-PDF of an dynamic PDF form (aka XFA form). This happens because you're using a PDF viewer, which doesn't support the dynamic contents of this particular PDF.

You'll have to use Adobe Acrobat Reader/Acrobat 8 or newer. Safari or Apple Preview are not useful for this purpose.