Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Save multipage PDF into separate pages as PDF files

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a 5 page PDF form. I need to save this 5 page form as 5 seperate PDFs. Each PDF will be of one page from the original form. So i need to split the 5 page original PDF into 5 seperate single page PDF. I need to do this as part of my workflow. Please help.
73 Replies

Former Community Member

Thank you. I appreciate everyone’s help with this issue. I am able to split my pages now.

Have a great day!!

Level 1

I need some help form anyone who knows...175 page document. Each page is single report for a person (different person each page) and that persons name always appears in the same spot at the top of the page, right below the title.

I'd like to split the document into 175 PDFs AND have each filename contain the persons name. Can this be done using Acrobat Pro 9? If so, how?

Level 1

Did you get an answer to this question?  I have a similar situation

Doug Turner

Level 1

Ok - I think I found an answer.  You wan to "Split Document" rather than extract page.  If you are using Acrobat 9 - go to document Menu and come down to Split document.  You can make it 175 pages, 1 page at a time.  In fact, if you have entered Employees Names (in your example) as booknarks, you can name each of the files after the employee.  Email me if you have a problem douglas.turner@me.com.

Level 1

I discovered another way (I have the trial version of Adobe Reader) to split pages if you only want a few of them.  You open your multipage document and then go to the top of the menu where it says "View."  Click on "Two Page View."  Now scroll to the page you want to separate.  Then go to "Edit" and click on "Take a Snapshot."    Click on the page you want to separate out.  It will tell you that "The page has been copied."   Now paste it into a Word Document and save it as a PDF.

It's complicated but it works.

Former Community Member

Another great way in Acrobat Pro, is using the "Document" -> "Split document" function, where you can specify how big the files should be, or how many pages each file should contain.

Just had a specific case, whit 176 pages, that needed to be split into 4 pages per pdf - took 10 sec.

Level 1

In Acrobat X Pro, split multiple files once using above mentioned feature:

Tools Pane -> Pages -> Split Documents

Level 1

Here is how I did it very easily in Acrobat X Pro on a Mac:

1. Open the document to be split into separate pages.

2. Select: Tools / Pages / Extract.

3. Enter the page range to be separated.

4. Check only the box 'Extract Pages As Separate Files' and OK.

3. Select a destination folder and click 'Choose'.

Job done.

Level 1

If you are using Adobe Reader and you have a mac, you can extract each page using Preview.  Make sure the sidebar is visible, select the page you want to delete (in the sidebar) and choose Edit > Delete Item.

I haven't found a way to do this on a PC using Adobe Reader.

Level 1

If you have just Adobe reader, then best way is to open the pdf in Google Chrome.

First, Make sure you have enabled Chrome PDF viewer extension

Open PDF in chrome

Right click the page and select print

On the print dialog that comes up, change the destination to “Print to PDF”

Now instead of selecting All radio button to print/save all. Select your page range and then print.

Note this will work with PDF's that are compatible with Chrome

hope this is helpful.

Level 1

Thanks a ton! I created an adobe id just for thanking you btw

Regards,

Nik

Level 1

I am very frustrated as I do NOT have Documents, Pages or Extract in Adobe Reader XI. (same exact problem as Melissa)

I have looked everywhere and simply exhausted the options and the tools menu is nil.

I only have File, Edit, View, Window and Help and there is no option within these to split/extract a document.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Lisa

Level 1

This is what I do....

Once document is open, click File, print... (print dialogue box opens), select Adobe PDF from printer drop down, then just like printing you select what page(s) you'd like to save and hit print.  the save options will open and viola!! your selected page(s) is saved

Level 1

The option is not in the upper menu, but in te tools-menu on the right hand.

TOOLS > PAGES > EXTRACT

Schermafbeelding 2015-01-28 om 10.19.59.png

Level 1

Easy solution: Install CutePDF Writer and you can print any pages to new pdf file

Former Community Member

This will help out any one! facing problem regarding this!. i just made an account to reply you guys, this is the easiest way and the most quickest way!

just go on this online link drop your file there. write down which pages you want to extract or select and click download : it will take seconds to do it!.

http://smallpdf.com/split-pdf

Enjoy!.

Level 1

This was so easy and perfect! Thank you for sharing!!!! everyone on here- I sSpent hours trying to figure this out following everyone’s directions, until I followed yours!

Level 1

Hi!

I had the same problem but then I came across "6 ways to extract pages from a pdf document to create a new pdf document" article on Wikihow. I used Method number 4 which allowed me to discover this site Merge PDF - Combine PDF files online for free (smallpdf.com/merge-pdf). It took me 2 mins to create a new pdf. Hope y'all find this useful

Former Community Member

You can easily achieve your task by following the methods shown on below link. Aplus PDF Splitter and Merger has very clear options and provide exact solution to split or merge your PDF files.

How to split, merge, delete or extract pages from PDF Files using PDF Splitter and Merger?