Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do I create or add path for Experience fragment on CRXDE.

Level 1

I created a page template, created new  experience fragment, but the path finder under XF on auth env is blank.

Used below thread for reference though, I still cannot see path

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/issues-while-using-experie...

1.Have added Experience fragment from General on page properties but cannot view here on structure

Neha098_1-1622741135756.png

Neha098_0-1622741066492.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI @Nehav098 
Could you please explain your issue in detail?  It looks like you created a component that does not appear in the template container, is this the issue?

if yes then please mention the AEM version, because there were issues before the components which do not have design dialog does not appear in the container but available on-page edit to drag and drop.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI @Nehav098 
Could you please explain your issue in detail?  It looks like you created a component that does not appear in the template container, is this the issue?

if yes then please mention the AEM version, because there were issues before the components which do not have design dialog does not appear in the container but available on-page edit to drag and drop.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hey Arun!

I have sued AEM 6.5 to create a Template.

1.I have added components from policy as marked in my previous page but due to some reason I cannot add EXperience fragment path to the template

Steps:

1.Load the aem from local

2.Go to Tools,templates and create template

3.Under structure, go to page policy of the layout container to allow components

4.I have selected all  components under We retail,General

5.Saved and locked the layout container

6.Now I have added 2 experience fragments and image component in between experience fragments

7.Isea is to add Header, footer through Experience fragment at template level

8.Created 2 Experience fragments and trying to pull them to template through path finder which I am unable to find

Community Advisor

to add header and footer, you can add XF outside responsive container e.g.

<root
            jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
            sling:resourceType="wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid">
            <experiencefragment-header
                sling:resourceType="myproj/components/core/experiencefragment"
                fragmentVariationPath="/content/experience-fragments/myprojcommons/en/header-and-footer/header/master"/>
            <responsivegrid
                sling:resourceType="myproj/components/structure/wcm/responsivegrid"
                editable="{Boolean}true">
                <cq:responsive jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"/>
            </responsivegrid>
            <experiencefragment-footer
                sling:resourceType="myproj/components/core/experiencefragment"
                fragmentVariationPath="/content/experience-fragments/myprojcommons/en/header-and-footer/footer/master"/>
        </root>

Arun Patidar