Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Changes made in the content fragment configuration are not reflecting in content fragment model

Level 2

Hi,

I have added some fields in the content fragment configuration but they are not reflecting in the existing content fragment model, in the 1st image after "Order Date Label" I have added 4 fields, but in the 2nd photo they are not coming up, what can be the issue, am I missing something?
1st Image:

Sandeep_k_Singh_0-1712773107341.png

2nd Image:

Sandeep_k_Singh_1-1712773225848.png

CC : @ayush-804 , @arunpatidar , @kautuk_sahni 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

If I understand the scenario correctly what you are trying to convey is you created a CFM and using the CFM created CFs. Now you have modified and added a few fields in the CFM. Now in the CFs created earlier you are not able to see these fields. 

Few Points to check :

1. Can you please check if the Content Fragment Model you modified is in Enabled state? (Try Disabling/Enabling once.)

2. If you try to create a new CF do you see the new fields?

Let me know in case of any further queries.

Also check : Solved: What risks and effects when modifying an existing ... - Adobe Experience League Community - ...

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I believe it's actually the other way around: you make changes to the Content Fragment Model, and those changes are then applied to the Content Fragments. Just double-check that the content fragment you're examining is indeed using the updated Content Fragment Model.

You can check which CF Model a Content Fragment is using by checking its properties, and then looking at the blue link, something like below:

EstebanBustamante_0-1712775414915.png

Hope this helps!

Esteban Bustamante

Thanks for your reply, @EstebanBustamante , what I meant was, my CF model is already using the configuration where I had added 5 fields, but now if I am adding another 4 fields to the configuration from which I have built the CF, then those 4 fields are not showing up in the CF.

Community Advisor

Can you elaborate on which type of "configurations" you are referring to? 

Esteban Bustamante

So, basically when we create CF we first create a configuration in which we add what all fields we want to have in the CF model, the fields can be "Single line text, multi line text , number, boolean" etc, after the configuration is created we use them to create different CF models so in my case I first created a configuration where I had 5 fields and I used that configuration to create a CF model, but now if I am adding 4 new fields to the configuration then it is not showing up in my CF model.

Thanks for reading.

Community Advisor

I am sorry, but I am not familiar with the configuration you described. If this is a custom configuration, it is likely that something is not working properly to sync once updated. It seems to me that the original configuration may be overwriting your changes somehow. However, if this is a custom implementation, there is little advice I can offer. As I mentioned in my previous response, updating the CFM will automatically update the CF which inherits this model.

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

If I understand the scenario correctly what you are trying to convey is you created a CFM and using the CFM created CFs. Now you have modified and added a few fields in the CFM. Now in the CFs created earlier you are not able to see these fields. 

Few Points to check :

1. Can you please check if the Content Fragment Model you modified is in Enabled state? (Try Disabling/Enabling once.)

2. If you try to create a new CF do you see the new fields?

Let me know in case of any further queries.

Also check : Solved: What risks and effects when modifying an existing ... - Adobe Experience League Community - ...

Thanks

Community Advisor

@Sandeep_k_Singh Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Esteban Bustamante