Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Workflow send email variables

Level 5

I upgraded from AEM 6.4 to 6.5 as well as with forms, I had a workflow package that I created in 6.4 and it did not have the dropdown for a variable. now they wont work. can you please tell me how do I go about fixing this workflow?

1822317_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

workflowuser

the deprecated one worked..... jummmm… you guys need to fix the new one.

1822686_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

So the email subject can be a variable or a literal

in your It is going to be literal

Level 5

what do I need to do please it wont let me choose anything there isn't anything to choose. what if I don't want to use a variable. it wont let me save the workflow. I chose a literal and as you can see it says "EOIR 26 submission" but it still wants me to choose a variable

Employee Advisor

Or just drag a new send email component and configure its settings again

Employee Advisor

Try creating a new workflow and see if itnis any different with send email component

Correct answer by
Level 5

workflowuser

the deprecated one worked..... jummmm… you guys need to fix the new one.

1822686_pastedImage_0.png

Employee Advisor

In your case you have to select literal from the drop down list for the email subject and type in value

if you are selecting metadata then you should have created a metadata property by that name which I do not think is the case

Level 5

workflowuser​ look at the picture I have chosen literal and then the variable drop down shows up. so I am chosing what made it work. then the system is even more buggy than I thought.

1822687_pastedImage_0.png

Employee Advisor

Send us yournworkflow package

Level 5

workflowuser​ it is working now. I have solve the issue. no further help needed. the deprecated one work as I stated above. I will try the new one once I see the drop down menu for variables do not show up again. I guess there should be an update. the pictures above shows you the problem