Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Where css changes are saved for theme & style mode?

Level 4

Hello,
This might be dumb question, but I wanted to know in which location does the css changes are saved when we edit/create theme vs when we add css/styling to form fields in Style Mode any Form?
I believe theme changes are saved in /etc folder for respective theme. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sesmic 

When you associate a theme with an AF, the default theme css (from under /etc/clientlibs) is applied to the form.

When you make any styling changes to the form fields, then those changes will reflect under the form path (/content/forms/af/[AF]/jcr:content/guideContainer/rootPanel/items/[field]/style/) and will override the default css for the theme.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sesmic 

When you associate a theme with an AF, the default theme css (from under /etc/clientlibs) is applied to the form.

When you make any styling changes to the form fields, then those changes will reflect under the form path (/content/forms/af/[AF]/jcr:content/guideContainer/rootPanel/items/[field]/style/) and will override the default css for the theme.

Level 4

Hi @Pulkit_Jain_ 
Thanks for the reply.
Looks like the changes made in Style mode are saved in fields properties as String[] & not in css file.