Expand my Community achievements bar.

New install of AEM workbench and FormDesigner unable to start

Level 1

I've just installed AEM Workbench v6.5.0.

When I open workbench, I can login to the server and retrieve the definitions without a problem.

However, when I try to open a form using Designer, I get the error below.

CraigJ2_0-1699529200755.png

Any ides what could be causing this?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@CraigJ2 

Assuming you can open the Designer standalone, can you capture WB logs by running it from the command line: workbench.exe -debug -console. You have to run this command from the WB installation under program files.

These logs may point to the actual cause of the issue.

Level 1

That didn't show me any errors but I've realized that I cannot open Designer standalone, I get the error below.

CraigJ2_0-1699614997233.png

I've tried repairing the Designer install but it's still the same.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

Level 3

CraigJ2,

Did you install an old version of Workbench? From the screen shot you sent I am seeing that the Designer version you are trying to open seems to be an older version 6.5.0v2019.

So if you could restate your installation:

1. What version of Workbench did you install?

2. Did you allow the Workbench install to install Designer? - If you already had an install of Designer you may not have attempted this and/or the Workbench install would have indicated that there already was an installation of Designer.

3. Were you updating Workbench from an earlier version of Workbench? If  Yes, which version?

Respectfully,

Level 1

I think I'm missing some required software before install.

Thanks for your help, someone in my company is looking at this now.