Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to edit the scripts from a dynamic PDF created in AEM Forms Designer/LiveCycle PDF in a code editor or IDE?

Level 4

I've inherited a 2 page Dynamic XML PDF that has around 3,500 lines of JavaScript that was added manually to various click events in AEM Forms Designer/LiveCycle.  I've grabbed all the 'Events with Scripts' from the form and pasted them into a code editor to review. Ideally I'd like to do a find/replace across the entire codebase for the form in my code editor.  Is there some other way of interacting with code in a Dynamic XML PDF outside of Designer/LiveCycle? Can I export/import the code somehow? Having to go in and manually adjust each event is going to take many, many hours. There's got to be another way, right?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

With another tool, I don't know if it's feasible or not, but if you want to replace some code then you can open your form in AEM Designer and go to the XML Source tab, where you can find and replace any script code.

xml-source.JPG

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

With another tool, I don't know if it's feasible or not, but if you want to replace some code then you can open your form in AEM Designer and go to the XML Source tab, where you can find and replace any script code.

xml-source.JPG