Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to create a new component in AEM forms?

Level 2

Hi everyone! I am new to Aem Forms, I noticed that there are several components to choose from in Forms, how can you create a new component to be included in the list?

Test.png

I don't intend to create a new adaptive module but a component to be inserted customized as on AEM site

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Jacket97 

The steps to create components in AEM forms remain the same as we have for AEM sites.

Once the custom component is created or if you want to add a new component to the list, you need to edit the template for that adaptive form in "Structure" mode and open the policy for the layout container. Once done, you'll have the list of allowed components for the templates.

You can create a new or existing policy, add new components to the allowed components list and save the template. Make sure the template is enabled.

Then, you should be able to get that component in the list when you create an adaptive form.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Jacket97 

The steps to create components in AEM forms remain the same as we have for AEM sites.

Once the custom component is created or if you want to add a new component to the list, you need to edit the template for that adaptive form in "Structure" mode and open the policy for the layout container. Once done, you'll have the list of allowed components for the templates.

You can create a new or existing policy, add new components to the allowed components list and save the template. Make sure the template is enabled.

Then, you should be able to get that component in the list when you create an adaptive form.

Hope this helps!

Employee Advisor

@Jacket97 create a component and add the component group as Adaptive form to make it visible along with other form components

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1664448701005.png