Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Facing issue related to guidedropdownlist.

Level 3

I am using guide drop down list in AEM adaptive forms and it is working fine in general but when I pass the query parameter in URL for the value of same field, the form opens & it selects that option in the dropdown which we have passed in query parameter in UI but if I click on submit to submit the form data, it shows an error msg which I have entered in "Required Field Message".

As per my understanding while using query parameter guide drop down list is not able to select the option provided in query parameter as value in backend.

I tried several things but not able to resolve this issue, Kindly let me know if you can help.

Views

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@uniqvaibhav you may first store the value in a hidden text field on the form load, and then set the same value in the dropdown using rule editor. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@uniqvaibhav you may first store the value in a hidden text field on the form load, and then set the same value in the dropdown using rule editor. 

Level 3

@Mayank_Gandhi currently I am just using visual editor to set the values but it was not working, I am very new to forms and not done much till now. Can you provide me any example how can I do those changes?

I can see the values changing based on query parameter but after clicking on submit it shows me error like dropdown is empty but it has value.