Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does the 'Verify Step' Adaptive Form component work on forms that have a custom Document of Record template?

Level 4

I'm working on an Adaptive Form that uses a custom Document of Record template that was created in AEM Forms Designer. I'd like to use the 'Verify Step' form component to display the generated Document of Record on the last panel of the form.  Unfortunately when I try to do this the Verify Step component just displays 'Loading'.

Am I doing something wrong, or does this component not work with custom DOR templates?  

verify-step-loading.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

workflowuser_0-1702516802584.png

I created a form with xdp template as its schema and was able to use the verify step. I could not find verify step for a form based on core components

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

not sure what is happening there

but another option to show the pdf is to embed the pdf in the form

https://forms.enablementadobe.com/content/dam/formsanddocuments/from1040/jcr:content?wcmmode=disable...

enter some information and click on the view pdf tab. 

The article for displaying the pdf inline available here

Level 4

That looks like a nice solution, a bummer that we'd have to deploy custom code to get it to work. We're trying to stick to the core form components when possible, given this step is supposed to achieve the same thing. I guess i'll dive into the error logs a bit more to try and figure out what's going on. Will keep that view pdf solution in case we can't figure out the issue.  Thank you!

Level 4

I thought it could be a permissions issue, so I tried publishing it. Now it returns a 404 error for the temporary xml file.  Not sure what's going on here.  Don't see much in the logs either.  

verify-step-publish.png

Employee Advisor

If I remember correctly the verify step only works if your form is based on xdp

is your form based on xdp?

Level 4

I have a separate XML schema that's used with the XDP as well as the adaptive form.  

Level 4

Do you know if that's required for the Verify Step component to work?

AEM and XDP forms both support external schemas, I'd rather not have to be tied to using the XDP as the schema. Plus that would mean rebuilding my form. 

I've been looking around, there really isn't much documentation on the Verify Step component.  It's just mentioned on these two pages, and that's really all I can find. It does say it doesn't support anonymous users, but I'm trying it when logged in on an Author instance and it still doesn't load:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/forms/adaptive-form...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/adaptive-forms-basic-authoring/i...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

workflowuser_0-1702516802584.png

I created a form with xdp template as its schema and was able to use the verify step. I could not find verify step for a form based on core components

Employee Advisor

workflowuser_0-1702517357007.png

The second link that you sent has the above information