Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does filters tab(package mnager) have any precedence concept

Employee Advisor

Hi All,

Recently I came across a question regarding package manager. We are aware about the filters tab associated with each and every package.

My question is that - Does filters tab have any precedence concept ? Can we define the precedence using filters tab while creating package?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Debal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you're looking for documentation on the filters for filter.xml, you can refere to this: Jackrabbit Filevault - Workspace Filter

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

What kind of "precedence" do you mean? What behavior do you want to achieve?

Jörg

Level 10

For Filters - you just specify which part of the JCR you want to include in the AEM package. I am not aware of any precedence functionality.

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you're looking for documentation on the filters for filter.xml, you can refere to this: Jackrabbit Filevault - Workspace Filter

Employee Advisor

Hi All,

I was asked this question during a technical interview and I have explained that I will create code package which includes /apps/myproject , /etc/designs/myproject

Separate package for digital assets associated with /content/dam/myproject (JCR) as digital assets are taking considerable amount of size.

Separate package for web pages associated with /content/myproject (JCR)

I haven't seen any document with information regarding precedence functionality.

Thanks,

Debal

Level 10

"I haven't seen any document with information regarding precedence functionality."

As stated - there is no functionality like that - therefore no docs. In Filter view, you specify the path of nodes you want to include in your package. As mentioned my Ahmed - see" Jackrabbit Filevault - Workspace Filter