Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Copy Signature from one document to another in Workbench

Level 2

How does one copy a signature from one document to another using Workbench?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@FrustratedFootballer 

I don't think it's possible to copy objects/components of a form at runtime using a workbench.

Also, the signature field acts as a certificate for that document, and considering your use case, it seems to be a PDF document with data, so you may not be able to copy the fields from one document to other.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Enhanced security prevents a document from being rendered in a browser or converted to an image due to embedded javascript. I have the same document without javascript that can be rendered. I need to copy the data and the signatures from the document with javascript to the document without javascript. I can handle the extraction of the data, but I do not know how to extract the signature nor apply it to the other document.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@FrustratedFootballer 

I don't think it's possible to copy objects/components of a form at runtime using a workbench.

Also, the signature field acts as a certificate for that document, and considering your use case, it seems to be a PDF document with data, so you may not be able to copy the fields from one document to other.

Employee Advisor

@FrustratedFootballer Signature is like an envelope on top of the document giving it authenticity and agreement, it protects the integrity of forms by allowing people to use certificates to digitally sign forms, copying it to another form without consent doesn't seem like a valid cause. If its a certificate just apply it again using the same workflow