Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can a AEM JEE Turnkey server on Windows 10 be configured to be accessed by another workstation?

Level 2

I have installed the turnkey AEM 6.5 JEE server on a Windows 10 Pro workstation to try some development.

Is it possible to access this server via HTTP from another workstation?

I would like to run Workspace and Workbench from another system.

It is installed, up and running - accessible on the localHost machine by either 'localHost' or IP address.

I currently have the Windows Firewall shut off while testing this, and the Windows box does serve a HTML file located in the inetpub\wwwroot folder to browsers on other machines successfully.

Any help or insights are appreciated.

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Resolved,

The answer is Yes.

I had to update the Apache Sling Referrer Filter on the /lc/system/config/manager page to include the client IP and recycle the server.

I also updated the referrer whitelist in the Admin UI - Home - Settings - User Management - Configuration  - Allowed Referrer Settings to include machines on the same subnet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@MarkAtArtech 

If the Windows firewall is disabled, you can use the IP or the FQDN of the Windows 10 development set-up to access the AEM Forms URLs from another machine. Setting up a FQDN is better, you don't have to note down the IP every now and then.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Resolved,

The answer is Yes.

I had to update the Apache Sling Referrer Filter on the /lc/system/config/manager page to include the client IP and recycle the server.

I also updated the referrer whitelist in the Admin UI - Home - Settings - User Management - Configuration  - Allowed Referrer Settings to include machines on the same subnet.