Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AME Forms in Liveycle?

Level 4

The xfa form developed in desiger can be provided as asset to Assign Task activity in livecycle, so that users in workspace can get the PDF/HTML rendered when a task is assigned to them and user actions defined can be captured as TASK RESULT in the output of the assign task activity. Now if the form is submitted from AEM to a long lived livecycle process and assigned to a user, is it possible to get the same look and feel of AEM form when the form is opened by the user in workspace (i.e., is it possible to rendere the AEM Form as asset to the Livecycle Assign Task Activiy), is yes.. then how can it be done?

Regards -

Ashok D

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

As of AEM 6.0 GA release, it is not possible to use any AEM Form that is stored in AEM repository, directly as asset to the Livecycle Assign Task Activity. In order to do that, either you have to copy the Asset in LiveCycle LCA as well or somehow write an intelligent code for example, which passes this PDF form to LiveCycle process as input while invoking the process which then can be further used in Assign Task as document variable. 

By the way, if you were talking about Adaptive Form, those are not supported by LiveCycle workspace, currently.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

As of AEM 6.0 GA release, it is not possible to use any AEM Form that is stored in AEM repository, directly as asset to the Livecycle Assign Task Activity. In order to do that, either you have to copy the Asset in LiveCycle LCA as well or somehow write an intelligent code for example, which passes this PDF form to LiveCycle process as input while invoking the process which then can be further used in Assign Task as document variable. 

By the way, if you were talking about Adaptive Form, those are not supported by LiveCycle workspace, currently.

Level 4

Thanks for letting me know, I current project that I am working in has a requirement to give the richness of ADAPTIVE Forms to the end user to submit the form, guess I have to create a Template and Theme in AEM 6.0 for a defined Schema and also develop the XDP for approvers to view the filled form by the end user with a less richness or use the XSD developed in Designer on AEM as well as Assign Task in livecycle with both having no big richness.

Also I have one more question, in case Assembler service is used to built a XDP with multiple input fragments, should the resultant Document be persisted in JCR to render the same as HTML 5 in AEM 6.0?

Employee

It ca be in JCR or filesystem.