Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

aemforms workbench installation failure

Level 2

Execution of aemforms_workbench_6_X_0\run_windows_installer.bat from a known good installer returns a pop-up:

FrustratedFootballer_0-1664730140654.png

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

The problem was resolved by changing the TEMP and TMP user and system windows variables to directory paths without "temp" or "tmp" in the path for the duration of the install. Note that if the install had to be repeated then these variables would have to be changed again.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

@FrustratedFootballer what version of aem forms is it? Check if you copied from shared drive or AV scan sometime removes executable from the disk. 

It is version 6.4. I also got the error with 6.5. I got past this error by changing the TEMP and TMP system and user variables. Now it is hanging on the "Installing Merge Module" step.

I turned off wi-fi, unplugged my network cable, and changed the TEMP and TMP user variables. Installation was partially successful. It completed but displayed the message "An attempt was made to install Designer, but the installation was unsuccessful". Do you have any advice?

Employee Advisor

@FrustratedFootballer Internet shouldn't be an issue with offline installer, make sure you have admin permissions or start the install with super admin.

I operate on a severely restricted network, so I can only install with admin permissions. Super admin is not allowed. Do you have any advice or maybe a standalone offline install for Designer only?

Correct answer by
Level 2

The problem was resolved by changing the TEMP and TMP user and system windows variables to directory paths without "temp" or "tmp" in the path for the duration of the install. Note that if the install had to be repeated then these variables would have to be changed again.