Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Form - Edit --> Lock Text disabled

Level 2

I have an AEM form that needs some changes to static text. I am not able to make any edits to the static texts since I have the Lock Text under Edit menu disabled. Any ideas on how to get it enabled so that I can unlock text ?

Appreciate the respone.

Thanks !

Jyothi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This happens when the form was created by importing an existing PDF into Designer which is now used a background artwork. You can't change this background image nor the behavior of Designer. The available editing functions in Designer are limited on static forms.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Jyothi,

Welcome to AEM Community !!
Is that OOTB AEM Form component?

If possible, please share a screen capture.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2

Hello,

Here is the screen shot. I am not able to add any Texts in the page area. I can change/add fields but not the static objects.

Thanksimage001.png!

Jyothi

Employee Advisor

Hi Jyothi,

This is AEM Forms Designer

Let me route it to correct team, to get an answer.

Thanks,
Vikram Gaur

Correct answer by
Level 10

This happens when the form was created by importing an existing PDF into Designer which is now used a background artwork. You can't change this background image nor the behavior of Designer. The available editing functions in Designer are limited on static forms.

Employee Advisor

@jvenkatrao You won't be able to edit it due to background restrictions of the kind of pdf being used. Create a new pdf or ask the developer to give you the template for the file.