Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM Adaptive Form (not a PDF) - Cascading Drop-down fields - cant export values into a MS List

Avatar

Level 1

There are two questions regarding my issue:

#1: I have written a JS "else if" statement to determine a list of fire department choices in one DD list depending on the user's choice of county in the first DD list. The counties list was created in the Drop-down field in AEM forms no script there. The JS in the fire department Drop-down field uses that choice to run the script. This all works however the fire department drop down list will not export values into the Microsoft list upon submission. What am I missing to get those values into the list?

#2: The other issue is that my counties are coming in as numbers since I used the format 1=county name in the dropdown values. Is there a way to fix that too or do I need to just take the numbers out and type in the counties in my JS? I'm sure there is an easier way, but this is how I got it working. Open to suggestions if you have ideas.

Thank you!!

1 Accepted Solution

Avatar

Correct answer by
Employee

For number two

you will have to do

USA= USA

or just have the country name

 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Avatar

Correct answer by
Employee

For number two

you will have to do

USA= USA

or just have the country name

 

Avatar

Level 1

Yes, and that's how I know it wasn't populating the text into the MS List. So, what I did as a work around was create a hidden text field that equals the value of the scripted Drop-down and now the MS List recognizes that text field. It pulls in the Drop-down list values directly created in the form field, but it won't transfer values into a MS List if its values are created via script. This is what I've found to work but as always if there is a better way, I'm totally open to learning. 

Avatar

Level 1

My apologies I just realized you were asking how I did it - not if I did it. We used a SharePoint API path to the Lists when configuring the form then I use flow to send notification email when a new item is added to the List. I have this form working now. Thank you.