Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding rounded numbers display value not typed in value

Level 6

How do I force a total field to add the displayed value sums of rounded fields? My display pattern for all the fields involved is this: num{zzzzzzzzzzzz9.9} so if the user types in 10.56, the field displays 10.6. Then in the second field the user types 10.285 but displayed as 10.3. The total (sum) is 10.8 because its adding 10.56 + 10.285 which equals 20.845 but rounding to 20.8. I want it to actually add 10.6+10.3 to equal 10.9. Do you see what I'm looking for? I need the formula to only add the displayed(rounded) value not the typed in value.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@nowackem 

To implement this use case, you can set value a couple of proxy/hidden fields [0] on the form to rounded field value(s) and then add the value of these fields to be displayed as output.

You may have to check which event will execute the sum operation script for the result field.

[0] - 

presence = "hidden"; 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@nowackem 

To implement this use case, you can set value a couple of proxy/hidden fields [0] on the form to rounded field value(s) and then add the value of these fields to be displayed as output.

You may have to check which event will execute the sum operation script for the result field.

[0] - 

presence = "hidden";