Expand my Community achievements bar.

Structured content fragments and live copies

Level 1

I'l looking to get some clarification around live copies of content fragments.

Using AEM 6.5, when creating a "simple" content fragment (which is based on the simple content fragment templates,) the newly created asset has a type of "Document". When going through the live copy creation process this asset can be selected and "live copied" to a new part of the tree.

I've now created a content fragment model for structured content. I can create an asset based on this model but I noticed that the asset doesn't have a type defined once created. When going through the live copy process, the CF based on this new model cannot be selected (doesn't show.)

Why do these two content fragment types behave differently? Is there a configuration step needed to allow live copy for a fragment created from a model?

What is the best practice for translating/creating live copies of structure content fragments?

I've come across https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/content-fragments/content-fra... which outlines a translation process of pages found in sites that utilizes content fragments but not the process for fragments/assets directly.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies