Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ReOrder Assets Doesn't Work

Level 2

Hi All,

We are using AEM 6.4.8. For the Assets(http://localhost:4502/assets.html/content/dam), the "reordering" of the assets is not working in List View. This behavior is not experienced in Pages(sites.html). 

Is anyone experiencing this issue? Let me know If anyone have similar Issue or anyone have any solution.

Thanks,

Prince.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Prince,

Presume you mean you're having issues permanently adjusting the order or assets (rather than just sorting).

If you can't reorder permanently, you may want to confirm that the folder is created as an orderable folder (see folder properties).  If you're having issues on the very top-level folder of /content/dam, I think there is no way to make this an orderable folder without adjusting in the JCR (i.e. at http://localhost:4502/crx/de).  If you don't want to permanently adjust the folder properties, you can also drag the nodes in the JCR into a different order and it should reflect for all users.

Hope this helps,

Beau

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Prince,

Presume you mean you're having issues permanently adjusting the order or assets (rather than just sorting).

If you can't reorder permanently, you may want to confirm that the folder is created as an orderable folder (see folder properties).  If you're having issues on the very top-level folder of /content/dam, I think there is no way to make this an orderable folder without adjusting in the JCR (i.e. at http://localhost:4502/crx/de).  If you don't want to permanently adjust the folder properties, you can also drag the nodes in the JCR into a different order and it should reflect for all users.

Hope this helps,

Beau

Level 2
I verified the folder is orderable , still I'm seeing that issue

Level 4
Hi Prince, I'm sorry for slow reply to your comment--community platform didn't notify me.  I don't believe we have clients on your exact Service Pack level (and even if we did, you could have run mode differences that impact things in surprising ways).  I haven't seen any customers with this issue in 6.4 in general, but if you've verified that that re-ordering of an orderable folder in List View isn't saving in your instance, I'd open a daycare ticket as it seems likely to be a product bug of some sort.  (If it's not a saving issue, but instead an inability to move the folder entirely, I might check a couple of browsers to see if it's a browser-specific bug.) If you have access to /crx/de, you can do a 1-time adjustment to any folder by adjusting the node order (dragging and dropping folders there will be permanent for all users after saving), but that will not solve your issue if end users need the functionality regularly. Hope this helps, Beau