Expand my Community achievements bar.

remove a specific admin brand portals access and asset contribution folder notifications

Level 3

Hello Fellows,

two issues with admin permission set for a specific user.

1)I have an admin that is receiving notifications when i create an asset contribution folder in aem assets.  This admin is not in my Department (meaning she shouldn't have admin access to our assets in our folder, nor receive notifications that i created an asset contribution folder.  We need to remedy specific admins to access specific folders as she as well has her assets that i should not have ability to administer.

what woudl be a logical fix that is easy to administer?

2)This same admin as well appears on our Brand Portals user list although she is not assigned the product and should never use it.  Brand Portals is where we are publishing the asset contribution folderl, in which we invite Brand Portals users to upload assets and share back to our prod instance for collaboration.  How do i make sure this admin DOES NOT get url access to this space as she is not enlisted in the Brand Portals product?

Example of email notification sent to her direct:   

Hey Debra Tobey,   Asset contribution "test-asset-contrib" is shared with you. Click on the link below to start contributing.  Link..."  

Many thanks in advance

Suzanne

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@sogden You might want to explore "Product Profiles". To create groups in Brand Portal, from Adobe Admin Console, use Products > Product Profiles, instead of User page > User Groups. Product profiles in Adobe Admin Console are used to create groups in Brand Portal.

You can find more info here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-brand-portal/using/admin-tools/brand-port... 

Level 3

Hello

This user does not provide the ability to remove them from the Profile as you suggest, probably becasue they are in admin group on PROD.  

Level 3

Yes, we have a Brand Portals Group already, however the admin i speak of was not in that group yet appears as one of the group as well gets notifications when we set up asset contribution folders on PROD.  I need to remove this admin from Brand Portals, which is not manually possible as she is not assigned in Admin Console to our current group, nor was she given permission tothe asset contribution folder when setting it up for another user.  very strange.  However thank you for the suggestion,  This does not resolve the issue.

Administrator

@sogden Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni