Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF LINK NOT SHOWING ALL PAGES

Level 2

I need a help, I have this link on a PDF https://bta.scene7.com/is/image/brownthomas//BT-Everywhere-TCs but is not showing all pages, do you know why? 

11 Replies

Community Advisor

@leo-locatelli  Which AEM version are you uploading the PDFs to? Is this issue coming up only with this PDF or all? Do you have authoring access or only this browsable URL?

Level 2

hi @diksha_mishra I don't know the version but I asked my team, I have the authoring access I was the one how uploaded the PDF on our asset folder. 

Community Advisor

Hi @leo-locatelli does this problem occurs with every pdf or just with this one?

Your scene7 link is linking to an image instead of an pdf.
it should contain /is/content/ instead of is/image.
https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/scene7/kb/base/static-content-serving/do-we-reference-pdf...

Community Advisor

Yes, i have also tried to repair your link with no success. 

On the first glance i only can say that your link is image specific. Therefore it is handled like a picture.

Your reply leaves one of my questions open:
Is this is the only PDF that does not work?
In case none of your PDFs work, maybe it is something you have to fix in your scene7 settings.
Maybe the link has some more errors? - the // in your link also looks like an error to me.

Here is an example on how this looks in my company. So i can assure you this works as long as you have your settings right.
https://s7e5a.scene7.com/is/content/medi/medi-Quality-Data-Standards-GER

Level 2

hi Adilos. 

All PDF that I upload on my assets folder only shows the first page. 

Could you explain to me how do is process to upload PDF on you company? 

Kind Regards

Community Advisor

Hi @leo-locatelli , 
this is very strange, the PDF should at least be shown within AEM with the viewer.
We did not configure anything regarding the pdf viewer within AEM and it was that way ootb.
Just upload something into a folder - bam - PDF preview works with the viewer.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1695735838275.png

With the scene7, there was something to be configured so that the viewer can be used differently depending on filetype image / pdf.
Did this change since a deployment - or did it never work?
In case it never worked, i would strongly recommend to you to open up a support ticket with the Adobe admin console or have a talk with your implementation partner or your developer so that the scene7 gets the checkboxes that it needs.

I have one last question: How did you create the link you posted in the beginning?

Level 2

Thanks so much for your attention, I just upload the PDF as we do for GIF, JPG and videos, but somehow PDF are a bit weird on our AEM.

the link I just opened with right click when it was loaded on the AEM folder.

Community Advisor

Hi @leo-locatelli , did you have a talk with your adobe business partner via ticket/ your implementation partner/ your developer and did you found out what caused this behavior?

Administrator

@leo-locatelli Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

@leo-locatelli Please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni