Expand my Community achievements bar.

Long asset names render scroll bar in card view in AEMaaCS

Level 2

In Cloud Service environment the card view of assets with long names render scroll bar as shown below. This does not appear to happen in non Cloud Service environments (AMS and On-Prim). This does not look good aesthetically and not a good user experience.

Can product team/engineering team take a look?

card view long asset name.png

Thanks!!

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Welcome to AEM Community.

Could you please elaborate or share steps for the path or screen, where you are seeing this long names behaviour (scroll bar) on card view?

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2

Hi @Vikram_Gaur_ ,

Thanks for reaching out! The steps would be to add an asset with long file name in the dam and accessing the parent folder in a card view. Not sure if a long title name plays a role here or not.

Here is the link to the aem pkg that contains a sample asset with long name: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd08bibj4h59lii/support_ticket_sample_asset2.zip?dl=0. Let me know if you are unable to download it.

Is there a way to send you a sample aem pkg that contains a single asset for you to verify? I am attaching a larger screenshot to give a better perspective.

long asset name issue.png

Thanks again!

Level 2

Hi @Vikram_Gaur_ 

Were you able to download the sample asset for which I had shared the link and observe the scroll bar in the asset name? Please let me know.

Thanks,

SKM-CT

Employee Advisor

Hi,
Thank you for sharing the file, I installed the package and was not able to reproduce this issue.

I tested it on 2021.06 version