Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Limit selection options for asset-only surfers

Level 4

Hello -- We are attempting to configure AEM Assets for our internal light users in AEMaaCS. These users will have surfing/read-only access to all assets in the DAM. Is there a way to limit the options these users have available to select from on screen? We don't want them to go into any other areas of AEM, such as AEM Guides (on the home screen) or any other folder but Files or Collections on the Assets home screen. We also do not want them to be able to see all the options on the Assets menu bar. We only want them to be able to see the options highlighted in the red box for each of the screens.

I have configured a user group for these users and set up ACEs.

Any help is appreciated.

AEM home screen:

aem-home-screen.png

Assets home screen:

assets-home.png

Assets menu bar:

assets-menu-bar.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I reached out to our CSM, and he confirmed that we do not have access to Assets Essentials. I was able to deny permissions on the items we don't want asset-only surfers to be able to change. It's not perfect because they can still see these options, but at least they can't change anything. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

We are on AEMaaCS, but we do not have access to AEM Assets Essentials.

Correct answer by
Level 4

I reached out to our CSM, and he confirmed that we do not have access to Assets Essentials. I was able to deny permissions on the items we don't want asset-only surfers to be able to change. It's not perfect because they can still see these options, but at least they can't change anything.