Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Lightroom or Capture One output directly to AEM Assets

Level 2

We are currently using Capture One to output camera images directly to an internal network file server.  The business will then use Desktop App to move the images from the server to AEM folders.  We want to remove the file server and output directly to AEM.   However, we do not see a way in the Capture One tool to configure (although it does use the Finder's and mounted network drive) and believe the Desktop App uses a different technology to connect).  BTW:  We have opened a case with Capture One, but curious if anyone has a similar requirement or need within their AEM Assets implementation. 

Or if Lightroom as a solution, we could make a case for switching from Capture One. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Gary,

Desktop App v1 uses WebDAV to map the DAM as a network drive to allow upload from any system that can access Finder for Mac or Explorer for Windows machines.  Should work for any desktop software including Capture One.  Desktop App v2 will not support your use case.  You have to poke around to get to Desktop App v1 from the Adobe download site, but last I checked it was still available and there are no plans to end-of-life v1 at present--just no ongoing development with that paradigm.

Hope this helps,

Beau

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

You might want to try Adobe Asset Link. This provides a functionality to connect your local work in progress assets in Creative Cloud to AEM. 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-learn/assets/creative-workflows/adobe-asse...

More info:https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/adobe-asset-link.html#:~:text=It%20connects%20Adobe%20Exper....

This will provide a direct output to AEM (the one you are looking for).

Level 2

Thank you Disksha, while Asset Link is a great tool, the business want's to capture from the camera directly to AEM. Using Asset Link would still require the users to place the images on a server or local drive. This is what they do today.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Gary,

Desktop App v1 uses WebDAV to map the DAM as a network drive to allow upload from any system that can access Finder for Mac or Explorer for Windows machines.  Should work for any desktop software including Capture One.  Desktop App v2 will not support your use case.  You have to poke around to get to Desktop App v1 from the Adobe download site, but last I checked it was still available and there are no plans to end-of-life v1 at present--just no ongoing development with that paradigm.

Hope this helps,

Beau

Level 2
Thanks Beau, we are trying to bypass using Desktop App and upload directly to an AEM folder from the Capture 1 application. It currently uploads to a network server and the photostudio then uses Desktop app to push to AEM. Looking to save a step.

Level 4
Hi Gary, I'm not sure why you would need 2 steps if you were using Desktop App v1 on the machine running Capture One. Instead of saving to a network drive, the user operating Capture One could save directly to AEM (which would appear as a Network Drive when they Save As within Capture One). If there is some reason this wouldn't work, then I think I'd look at a hot-folder style solution. Basically, have some simple script that runs every few minutes to look for new files in a certain folder (on the network drive) and then pushes any files found into AEM via the API. This isn't an AEM solution (other than the API), but it's not hard development either (e.g. with python or your development language of choice plus a batch scheduling in the OS) and would automate the step being done by the photostudio manually. Hope this helps, Beau