Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to implement Clickable links in Edit mode

Level 1

Hi Experts

We have one requirment to create link clickable in to edit mode. It is working in preview mode. However we want it clickable in to Edit mode.

What all are the option to implement it?

Thanks

~S

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sameyadav

In edit mode your components actual DOM is loaded inside iframe and the component editable div loaded top of that and that's the reason the link aren't clickable in the edit mode. I don't suggest you to do any such kind of customization because it's going to impact the other functionalities of AEM. AEM edit mode is to author and edit the content, ideally you should not click on any link to navigate to any other page.

AvinashGupta01_1-1670202978949.png

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sameyadav

In edit mode your components actual DOM is loaded inside iframe and the component editable div loaded top of that and that's the reason the link aren't clickable in the edit mode. I don't suggest you to do any such kind of customization because it's going to impact the other functionalities of AEM. AEM edit mode is to author and edit the content, ideally you should not click on any link to navigate to any other page.

AvinashGupta01_1-1670202978949.png

Hope this helps.