Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Generating Asset ID's after Upgrade

bhavanip6712984
Level 2
Level 2

I just did an in place upgrade of the my AEM 6.1 Environment to AEM 6.3. After i did the upgrade, i am trying to generate AssetID's for the existing Assets.

But when i invoke the migrateAllAssets in the JMX console under com.day.cq.dam, it is not finding any assets.

In the logs all i can see is :

com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.jmx.AssetMigrationMBeanImpl 0 existing assets migrated successfully...finished.

But i can see that there are assets in the DAM and they have also been activated.

Any ideas why it is happening

1 Accepted Solution
ashishc8696822
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

The JMX runs a query [0] and iterates over the results.

Migrating 0 assets would mean the query didn’t yield any results. Possible reasons could be:

  • There are no assets to migrate (that is, if all of them have jcr:uuids already)
    • This can happen if all the assets in 6.1 were versioned at some point of time, or
    • Migration was triggered earlier and all assets were associated with jcr:uuids already
  • Query limits are being reached and the query is being killed before completion
  • The service user (dam-update-service) used for this action doesn’t exist

In all the cases, running the query through CRX/de or querydebug.html and enabling DEBUG logs on “org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query” should reveal what’s happening.

[0] /jcr:root/content/dam//element(*, dam:Asset)[not(@jcr:uuid)]

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kautuk_sahni
Community Manager
Community Manager

Moving this to AEM Assets topic!!

bhavanip6712984
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everybody,

Any Advice please. kind of really stuck here.

Thanks

ashishc8696822
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

The JMX runs a query [0] and iterates over the results.

Migrating 0 assets would mean the query didn’t yield any results. Possible reasons could be:

  • There are no assets to migrate (that is, if all of them have jcr:uuids already)
    • This can happen if all the assets in 6.1 were versioned at some point of time, or
    • Migration was triggered earlier and all assets were associated with jcr:uuids already
  • Query limits are being reached and the query is being killed before completion
  • The service user (dam-update-service) used for this action doesn’t exist

In all the cases, running the query through CRX/de or querydebug.html and enabling DEBUG logs on “org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query” should reveal what’s happening.

[0] /jcr:root/content/dam//element(*, dam:Asset)[not(@jcr:uuid)]

View solution in original post