Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Embed image asset in my custom component using CRXDE Lite

Level 4

Dear all,

I am trying to make a custom header component. I drafted the html separately and put it under my project/components/content.

So far is all good except that I couldn't find the logo image in CRXDE. My idea was like upload the image to asset file at instance, then locate it in CRXDE so I can paste the path in my .html file under components/content/header/header.html.

I thought the image asset would have been stored in dam but it's not, could anyone kindly tell me where should I go to get the asset in CRXDE or perhaps I should do it in another way to embed image in my component?

Thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear folks,

I found the way to do so. Put my solution here:

1. Upload the image file to your asset folder at instance

2. Click into the file and copy the URL then remove "assetdetails.html" in the URL

3. Paste this URL as src in the .html file of target component 

Notice: the solution is only for those images or icons people don't change frequently, e.g., print icon, arrow icon 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear folks,

I found the way to do so. Put my solution here:

1. Upload the image file to your asset folder at instance

2. Click into the file and copy the URL then remove "assetdetails.html" in the URL

3. Paste this URL as src in the .html file of target component 

Notice: the solution is only for those images or icons people don't change frequently, e.g., print icon, arrow icon 

Administrator

@YuSheng Thank you for sharing the answer. This would help the AEM community in posterity. 

Kautuk Sahni